Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomFromNH
Reel Rookie

Express 4K+ bouncing logo then locks up, no signal

Jump to solution

I have a Roku express 4K+. Serial number S08H41CWM35W. Model 3941 X. Have the bouncing logo then does nothing TV indicates no signal.

It is powered from a wall outlet using the Roku adapter, I have also tried an alternative power adapter rated at 2.4A. 

I have tried resetting the device multiple times using instructions from Roku. Even held the reset for 40 seconds, there is no reaction From the device when pressing the reset button.

I’ve turned off unplugged the wireless router, and tried to move the Roku device, no luck.

I have a second Roku device, which I plugged into that TV and it works fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TomFromNH
Reel Rookie

Re: Express 4K+ bouncing logo then locks up, no signal

Jump to solution

So, I ended up finding my way through the overly complex process to get support on Roku.com, and after a few minutes with support, they determined the 2 year old device was not fixable.  The only offer was for 30% off retail on a purchase of replacement for the Roku store.  I would think 1. The units should last longer, 2. The warranty should be longer, 3. You should offer more discount on a bad unit, maybe based on how old it is, like 50% in year 2, 40% in year 3, etc….

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TomFromNH,

Thanks for following up!

We appreciate you letting us know about this and sharing your thoughts; we value your feedback as our valued customer.

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Who knows, you may see your suggestion implemented in a future update.

You can always check our blog for the latest news and updates. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback; we value your input.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TomFromNH,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with your Roku device and the steps you took to resolve it. We'd like to take action on this, but we need more details to see if there are any options we can investigate further.

Refer to these questions to better identify the issue you're experiencing:

• When did you notice the issue occur?
  • What is your device's OS version?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

For troubleshooting purposes, we recommend connecting your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue.

We'll be eager to wait for your update. Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TomFromNH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So, I ended up finding my way through the overly complex process to get support on Roku.com, and after a few minutes with support, they determined the 2 year old device was not fixable.  The only offer was for 30% off retail on a purchase of replacement for the Roku store.  I would think 1. The units should last longer, 2. The warranty should be longer, 3. You should offer more discount on a bad unit, maybe based on how old it is, like 50% in year 2, 40% in year 3, etc….

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TomFromNH,

Thanks for following up!

We appreciate you letting us know about this and sharing your thoughts; we value your feedback as our valued customer.

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Who knows, you may see your suggestion implemented in a future update.

You can always check our blog for the latest news and updates. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback; we value your input.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.