Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wireless Receiver Not Detected

Jump to solution

Brand new box today and it doesn't work and there is no solution posted to issue.  Is this a hardware malfunction and I need to return or why won't this work?  I am using all products supplied in box and I have multiple roku products so this in not my first experience with a roku streaming stick.  Product is Streaming stick 4K. Powerful and portable long-range wifi.  There is no help on website on fixing this issue and appears this is happens a lot.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wireless Receiver Not Detected

Jump to solution

@derricksleezer, if you just bought it and you're getting the "Wireless receiver not detected" message and you're using the USB cable that came with stick (with the "bump" in the cable), return it.  Unscrupulous people have been know to buy a stick, swap out the cable, and return it just to get the cable.  That could be what happened or you may have just got a dud.  I'm no fan of the sticks because of this proprietary, mandatory component.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Svan

Error022- new Roku streaming stick 4k

Jump to solution

Update- After giving up for a few days I plugged everything back in and it’s working fine? Even my old Roku stick.  
Thank you all for trying to help me solve this issue.

My old Roku stick quit working about a week again. I thought something wrong with it so bought a new one. But it won’t connect either .  I have changed all cords and stick.  The message says wireless receiver not detected. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Re: Error022- new Roku streaming stick 4k

Jump to solution

@Svan 

The 022 error generally indicates an issue with the Wireless Receiver. (the wifi module contained in the proprietary power cable).  Since brand new, just return it for a new one.  If you purchased from Roku, should just be able to go through Warranty. (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058).

If you bought elsewhere, just take back or arrange for a replacement.

The Wireless Receiver is needed for network/internet connectivity and for the remote to work.  It looks like the below image in the links (for model 3820/3821).

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver-streaming-st...!

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

makaiguy

Jump to solution

You may have revieved a unit where someone had received a unit with a defective long range wifi receiver, bought a new one, swapped the bad receiver for the new one and returned it.

Try returning for a replacement again. Tell them the long range wifi receptor is deficient so they don't resell it, and keep your fingers crossed that the new one is okay.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Svan

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We acknowledge the issue you've experienced, and we'll gather additional details for us to get a hand on this issue. Could you please tell us the brand and model of your TV?

Looking forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K Error Code 022

Jump to solution

Hi @OldDood,

Thanks for the post, and we appreciate it.

Kindly share with us the device serial number along with the TV make/model where you're trying to access this.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OldDood
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Order number: 804815663 / Order date: 09/26/2023 / Total price: $33.14 (Purchased directly from ROKU)

SKU #:3820R2 / S/N: S0J73374NADA

Attempted to use on my 42" Panasonic Plasma TV

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to us, @OldDood!

I have passed along this to the appropriate Roku team for further review. I'll get back here once we have an available update and if we need additional information. 

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @OldDood,

Our team would like to take a closer look into this, and we'll initiate a replacement for this.

Please send us a PM with your shipping address along with your best contact phone number for the process.

We'll be anticipating it.

Thanks,

Rey  

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos