Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paj3232
Streaming Star

Re: Disable or skip ROKU start up screen (bouncing logo)

Jump to solution

Yes, problem still there.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  If your TV has always been like this then maybe it’s actually not an issue but something exclusive to LG. If I were you I would reach out to them. No one has ever seen this before 

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I will come back here and let you know what LG has to say.

paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Looks like I am just screwed. LG is blaming the roku stick.

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

that LG supplied with the tv and best buy geeks installed

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  What are you talking about? So you have a Roku TV with a Roku Stick? Or do you have an LG TV with a Roku Stick? If it’s your TV you should know what you have. What do you mean LG supplied with the TV? You said before you have an LG Roku TV. Is that not the case?

So let me gets this straight. You bought an LG TV and a Roku Stick. Best Buy hooked it up. This changes everything. So is the Stick plugged into the wall for power or the TV USB? If it’s plugged into the TV USB then plug with Stick power into the supplied AC power adapter and plug that into the wall. Do you have the AC power adapter that came with your Roku Stick?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@paj3232 

From reading through your postings, it seems that your Roku Streaming Stick is simply being powered off when your LG TV turns off.  Some USB power ports on TV remain on when the tv is off, some do not.

If you plug your Streaming Stick into the wall using a power adapter (you can use a cell phone charging adapter 5V 1 amp), you will likely see your issue resolved regarding the Stick booting up everytime you turn your TV on.  After using the power adapter at the wall, you should just have to press the Home button on your remote to "wake up" your Streaming Stick and find yourself on the Home Screen.

Additionally, on the older Streaming Sticks, you will not see a Power option in the Settings.  This option was introduced in OS 10.5 to the Streaming Sticks 4k/4k+ (models 3820/3821).

Feel free to post back with any other questions or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I will try this and let you know, thank you!

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It worked and I bow down to your skills!

paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm left wondering why the Best Buy Geek Squad installed it the way they did, hmmm.

0 Kudos