Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Disable or skip ROKU start up screen (bouncing logo)

Jump to solution

@paj3232  These are all things you should have reached to LG when you bought it. How long have you owned it? 

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've had it a year and a half. It's my 1st smart tv and I thought that bouncing logo was just part of the startup until I recently got a TCL roku tv and it does not happen on that tv. I doubt LG can explain why the roku remote does not respond/has delayed response most of the time on startup or how to get rid of the bouncing roku logo every time I turn the tv on.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  well if I spent money on some thing and it wasn’t working properly and it was under warranty the first thing I would do is go after the company. But it’s been a year and a half so you’re no longer in warranty

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I also don't think LG can help with the Roku Home settings not showing a Power option to go into.

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I didn't know the bouncing logo was not normal but I knew the roku remote issues were all wrong. I thought it was just a roku problem.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  The 2 are related are probably related. But Roku TVs come with a simple IR remote. Be sure the remote has a clean line of sight. Other Roku remotes are WiFi direct. Which means the remote does not have to be pointed at the TV in order to work. 

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This tv came with the remote that has a microphone unlike my newer TCL which has the simple remote. This remote works fine to power on and works fine once the tv is up and running EXCEPT when the tv is first turned on so it is not dirty, it is crazy.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  I never said anything about dirty. But if your TV is booting up your remote most likely would be unresponsive until your Roku TV fully boots up. Just like certain things on a computer on unresponsive such as a mouse until Windows fully boots up. I just find it odd that you’re finally trying to do something after owning your TV for over a year. I would’ve reached out to LG within the first couple of days of owning it. Just saying 

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I really appreciate everyone trying to help here 🙂 I have gleaned from this convo that the problem is that my tv and roku are doing a full restart every time I turn on the tv. That is at least a good place to start and I will call LG to try and figure out why this happens. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  Did you do a factory reset?

0 Kudos