Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erprku
Reel Rookie

Disable or skip ROKU start up screen (bouncing logo)

Jump to solution

Is there any way to disable or skip the ROKU startup screen (the bouncing logo)?  If it matters, I have both Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series) and Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) devices and I believe I only see the startup on the streaming sticks.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disable or skip ROKU start up screen (bouncing logo)

Jump to solution

Are these sticks being powered by the tv usb port? That's the reason you're seeing the bouncing logo is its losing power each time you turn off the tv, plug the roku into a wall outlet and you won't have the bouncing anymore. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Are these sticks being powered by the tv usb port? That's the reason you're seeing the bouncing logo is its losing power each time you turn off the tv, plug the roku into a wall outlet and you won't have the bouncing anymore. 

Edmund

erprku
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, they are now powered by USB and thanks for the response.  That explains the change, as I had to disconnect from wall power, as I kept receiving overheating warnings (even when the Streaming Stick was extended away from the TV with an HDMI extender).  Another issue, but it appears not an uncommon one with the sticks.

JEAB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, I tried that but it has not stopped and I am totally unable to get past it!

0 Kudos
susang8t0r

Jump to solution

I plugged into a charger to charge the stick up.  Plugged back into the tv and still shows bouncing logo.  Do I need to permanently plug into an outlet with an adaptor to stop this?   So VERY ANNOYING!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Yes, the stick should remain powered on at all times if you don't want to go through the boot up process every time.  There's no such thing as charging a stick.

0 Kudos
MbCav
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is it a problem if the Roku starts up each time with the bouncing logo? Will it decrease the life of the unit? I already have a lot plugged into my power strip and would like to keep the Roku plugged into the TV's USB port.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku, Please update in future to eliminate the sound of the bouncing.  It makes no sense that your solution is to utilize and waste power by plugging into wall and having constant power.  This is a waste of energy and money.

You have none, no, zero customers, who enjoy that sound or think it’s pleasant to hear.  It actually makes me want to go back to Apple TV, every time I hear it.  So in effect you are annoying your customers and reminding them daily to go to a different product.

renojim

Jump to solution

@StartSoundDumb, you're the first one I've ever seen complain about the sound and I know they have at least one customer that enjoys it the once a month or so I hear it.

Jump to solution

Lol 😂 I hate the sound too. There is only one reason for this annoying "feature": Conditioning. And thats the only reason why roku will never remove the startup sound. 

I have a solution: Switch sound off at your TV before you shutdown your TV. Switch sound on after roku bootup.

After some days its an automatic behavior.

0 Kudos