Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprintcowboy
Channel Surfer

Channels not connected to the internet

Jump to solution

I have internet and can watch channels but if I use * to go to options for any app it says not connected to the internet. So no options show up. This is happening to both rokus. I have reset the internet connection. I have restarted roku. I have restarted the router. I have not reset the rokus as I don't think this is the problem since it is on both rokus unless it is a software version issue.

Here is what I have

Model 4640X - Roku Ultra

Software version 13.1.4 - build 1512-29

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channels not connected to the internet

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @sprintcowboy!

We understand that your Roku device is experiencing issues with channels that are not connected to the internet, and we're here to assist you with this matter.

These error messages may be caused by a network issue preventing your Roku streaming device from properly opening an app. This can be due to a weak signal or an issue with your internet provider.

In the meantime, please try restarting both the router and the device and using a mobile data hotspot to see if it makes any difference.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sprintcowboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay got it working. apparently the NFL channel was the problem. I was able to uninstall the channel with the roku android app. I did that last night and did not think it worked because it just kept spinning for awhile on the phone and was still there in the TV. Today the NFL channel was gone on one of the rokus. So installed it again and it did not show up in the list of channels. Restarted the roku and still not in the list. Roku crashed and did its own restart. Then it was there and the options box had options and the other channels had options in the popup box. This also fixed the other roku at the same time all I had to do was a restart on that one and it worked too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @sprintcowboy!

We understand that your Roku device is experiencing issues with channels that are not connected to the internet, and we're here to assist you with this matter.

These error messages may be caused by a network issue preventing your Roku streaming device from properly opening an app. This can be due to a weak signal or an issue with your internet provider.

In the meantime, please try restarting both the router and the device and using a mobile data hotspot to see if it makes any difference.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sprintcowboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All of that has been done. The signal is excellent on the wired and wireless. I can watch the channels. It's when I check the options for a channel it says not connected to the internet. So there is no options. I can't remove, move or do anything because there are no options just says not connected to the internet. Again the channels open and I can watch the content. But they will not show the options.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sprintcowboyConnectivity issues are often associated with channel congestion so I'd advise installing WiFi Analyzer for Android or something similar for an iPhone. Once installed, you'll be able to see which channels your neighbors are using and if there are many on the same as yours, log into the router and switch to one that's less congested. I'm going to assume you're using the 5gHz band so I'd recommend channels 36-44 since higher channels are narrower and have less range. Channel bandwidth should be set to 80hz as well. Hope that helps

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
sprintcowboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think there is a misunderstanding. I can watch the channels just fine. There is no stuttering or buffering. It's the options for the channels that says there is no internet access. Which does not make since since I can watch the channel. The option box that pops up has no options just says not connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Your devices can't reach some Roku site.  I would think that you may not be able to perform a "Software update" or add new apps either.  If you connect to your phone's hotspot (if possible), does the same thing happen?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sprintcowboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing happens when connected to phone's hotspot.

0 Kudos
sprintcowboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay got it working. apparently the NFL channel was the problem. I was able to uninstall the channel with the roku android app. I did that last night and did not think it worked because it just kept spinning for awhile on the phone and was still there in the TV. Today the NFL channel was gone on one of the rokus. So installed it again and it did not show up in the list of channels. Restarted the roku and still not in the list. Roku crashed and did its own restart. Then it was there and the options box had options and the other channels had options in the popup box. This also fixed the other roku at the same time all I had to do was a restart on that one and it worked too.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.