Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterac
Binge Watcher

How get 4k as a test on YTTV with Roku 4k on Samsung 4k QN90C

How get 4k as a test on YTTV with Roku 4k on Samsung 4k QN90C. Not working

i’ve been reading a little bit about this as best I can and think I have all of my settings properly set. I selected 4K from YouTube TV menu and after watching the ads and putting on stats for nerds, I don’t see that it is showing me anything in HDR or 4K. I don’t have the 4K package, but you still should be able to see just a few things in 4K as a test. I have three new television sets with three new Roku sticks.

I have attached some pictures and I hope they can help pinpoint the issue or just the fact that it is the way it is and it might be in 4K and doesn’t reflect it. I do have of course Netflix and Amazon on Roku but haven’t tested those yet. I do prefer to use the Roku stick on each TV as opposed to the Smart Samsung TV interface. it makes it easier for my wife

pics are attached from my Samsung TV specifically from settings in Roku. Of course on my Samsung TVs, which are all up-to-date on the software. The picture mode is set as standard and 16:9 auto HDR remastering is off, which should not matter and the gamma is set for 2.2, color space settings is Auto.

Thank you so much for any guidance

Pics below

Roku setting instead of auto-did not helpRoku setting instead of auto-did not help4K program selected from Roku4K program selected from RokuStats for Nerds while video playing. Not showing 4k, HDR or correct BT...Stats for Nerds while video playing. Not showing 4k, HDR or correct BT...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How get 4k as a test on YTTV with Roku 4k on Samsung 4k QN90C

I have some feedback from someone knowledgeable about Rokus and YouTube streaming. BT709 is the correct video colorspace, since it's not HDR. I will also add that your video setting in the Roku is incorrect, because Samsung TVs do not support Dolby Vision. Your Auto setting is correct for your TV.

That particular video is 4K, but its not HDR (so no VP9.2 or BT2020 flags)

However, the playback is @ 4K and can be checked 2 ways:
1) Stats for Nerds: this is indicated by the 1920x1080*2.00 = 3480x2160 = 4K
2) Timeline OSD: Press Down, check for an HD/4K indicator at the bottom left - if HD, manually select 2160p (4K).

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.