Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drbob51
Reel Rookie

Channel locks up with ads

On multiple channels when ad starts the screen locks up with a pop up that says “Ad info”.  Have to change channels and then change back, otherwise it stays locked up.  

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel locks up with ads

@Drbob51 

What channel or app? Give some details so we can try to replicate this issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Drbob51
Reel Rookie

Can be any channel.  When there is no ad that has been sold, sometimes the usual “enjoy the zen” happens but many times it never switches to “enjoy the zen” and the channel locks with a black screen and in the right upper corner it says “ad info”.   It just stays stuck on this unless one switches to a different channelsand then reswitches back to the original channel.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Drbob51 

Any channel, huh? Any app, huh? Okay then.

I just launched the Pluto TV app and watched the MST3K Channel. Ads played and everything went fine.

So, now you see why I asked what app and what channel? It could be the app. Or, if the app offers various channels (such as Pluto TV, Sling TV, Roku Channel, Xumo, and others) it could be something about the stream.

So, to confirm if "any channel" is truly a good answer, launch Pluto TV, and scroll to the MST3K channel and see if you still have the issue. Or answer the question I asked and let me and others try to replicate the issue.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Drbob51
Reel Rookie

It’s on U-tube tv.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Drbob51 

I'm assuming you actually mean YouTube TV? Since some app developers will use similar names with alternate spellings to popular apps in order to increase visibility -- before the lawyers make them stop -- I'm wanting to make sure so I can check the correct app.

I've not run into issues with YouTube TV. I currently have a basic subscription to that service with no add-ons, and the few channels I use on that app (sports) have been working fine. Specifically, what channels exhibit the behavior? If you plan to respond "all" please don't. That's never a good response; always be specific and correct with troubleshooting. Besides, ESPN works just fine for me, so "all" can't be it. That's the channel on that app that I've used, and it's fine for me, so if other, please specify so we can check the channel and see if we get the same issue that you're getting.

You should not be experiencing issues with any app, and certainly not with a major app such as YouTube TV (assuming that is the app). Give us enough specific information to try to replicate the issue.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Drbob51
Reel Rookie

Happens on multiple channels. tv land is one of them.

Doesn’t happen on ESPN, Fox, local channels, or other major  channels. 

0 Kudos
RickM68

Having same problem. YouTube Tv.  Goes to ad. Black screen with ad info in top left corner. 

0 Kudos
JimW205

I am having same problem on YouTubeTV primarily watching Fox News. When it goes to local ad not shown on YouTubeTV I typically get a screen asking to wait for local commercial. Then screen goes black with information icon in top left corner. If I change channels and change back, problem resolves. I also found if I power Roku down and back on with restart it fixes problem for a few days. It is a PITA to have to do this. 

0 Kudos
Gardengirl1430
Reel Rookie

Have the same problem - program audio returns ... but no picture, have to hit the Home key on the remote, restart the program and then watch the ads all over again. It's okay to watch the ads, but it seems that there shouldn't be a perpetual loop. Reset my Roku device - no change - Hey Roku - I think there is a GLITCH!

0 Kudos