Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Furkids80

Prime video on TCL Roku TV freezing and buffering constantly

I have already uninstalled, system restarted and reinstalled Prime Video app.  I have already checked my network connection, I have rebooted my router...Prime Video works fine on my Ipad and on my cell phone and on my laptop using the same wireless network as the TV but keeps freezing and buffering and stuttering on my TCL Roku TV....

I don’t have problems with Hulu, Vudu or Netflix...they are all working fine...Just the Prime Video App doesn’t seem to want work right

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
stancella
Reel Rookie

Re: Prime video on TCL Roku TV freezing and buffering constantly

I have exact same problem, did the same reboot/on/off/reinstall/update; Again, only have problem with Prime video, other apps work great, and other devices can stream PV with no problem.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @stancella,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
stancella
Reel Rookie

Tried to post this earlier.  After trying the usual: restart, reload app, switch between 2.4 and 5 G, etc. I tried this and it worked (BTW this must be some "hidden" developer tool).

With Roku remote Press:

HOME  5 times

UP 1 time

Rewind 2 times

Fast fwd 2 times

0 Kudos