Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lylejk
Streaming Star

Cast Issue - Play on Roku

No updates the Windows webcaster since 10/27/2022.   Today, I now get an error that Web Video Caster has expired.  Get the latest version of Web Video Caster.

When I go to that site, I'm redirected back to the google drive with no updates.  Any help would be appreciated; again, I have the latest version.   🙂

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Cast Issue - Play on Roku

Hi @lylejk

Thanks for your post here in the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you provide specific information on the issue you are seeing? Do you receive an error message or code? Step-by-step information would be helpful for us to replicate the problem. 

With more details, we will be able to make an effective suggestion. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@lylejk 

Feel free to reach out to the developers at webvideo@instantbits.com.  Remember, the desktop versions of Web Video Caster is in beta. (these guys respond very quickly to emails). 

If you like Web Video Caster, then consider installing the app on your mobile device to continue using without interruption. (found in Google Play Store/Apple iOS Store.  Although you can use the free version of WVC without issue, the one-time 3 or 4 dollar purchase helps these guys continue developing WVC.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
lylejk
Streaming Star

I like casting from PC; personal preference.   Good advice as far as sending the app developer an email.   Probably will do so tomorrow (way too tired now and don't want to word things wrong).   🙂

0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

Thanks for letting us, we'll get a new version published. In the future please let us know directly over email or at our reddit community, we check those more frequently. 

lylejk
Streaming Star

Thanks for the reply; currently don't have a Reddit account, but I do have your email address so will try to contact you that way in the future.  Was going to this morning, but woke up late and had to head off to work.  lol

🙂

0 Kudos
lylejk
Streaming Star

As an additional side, I found a cool app called Playlet which I can cast if you will a video to play to Roku; only problem is after the video plays, it continues to play another video which I assume is generated within Invidious since it uses Invidious interface.   Not a desirable feature for me.  No way to turn this off either.  Still, it's an option until the Web Video Caster gets the update.    Details below.   Only works with youtube as well, so very limited.    At least it isn't nagged with commercial like YT does.   lol

🙂

GitHub - iBicha/playlet: The unofficial, privacy driven, Youtube client for Roku

0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

Hi, we just updated the WVC for PC client. Please let us know over email if you have issues, that way we aren't bothering the people on this forum with that stuff. 

lylejk
Streaming Star

No issue at all; works great.  Thanks a heap.   🙂

0 Kudos