Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tallytoni

Can’t hear people talking but I can hear music, applause and background sounds

I am trying to watch both love tv shows and recorded shows and some of them are fine and others are not. For example, one show I’ve been recording and I tried to watch recorded, I can hear background music and applause but I can’t hear the people talking.  In previous recordings of the same series, the audio was fine.

for another show, when watching live, the same thing happens; background sounds but no people talking.  But during this same time, shows on different channels/networks sound fine.

The crazy thing is that the recorded shows behave the same way on any tv on my house. (I use DirectTV streaming service and three tvs use Roku sticks and the other tv is a Smart tv.)

I’ve restarted my Rokus, adjusted the volume settings, etc. and nothing has worked. So is this a DirectTV issue?  I’m so frustrated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t hear people talking but I can hear music, applause and background sounds

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Tallytoni!

It has come to our attention that your Roku device is experiencing an unintended behavior with its audio. We'd like to take a closer look at this. 

Could you please tell us more about the issue you're encountering? 

• When did you first notice this issue?
  • What Roku device is affected by this problem?
  • Are you experiencing this only with the content inside Direct TV, or have you observed similar behavior across all channels, including Live TV?
  • Have you received any recent updates prior to this happening? If so, can you please provide the latest software version of your Roku? (It can be found in Settings > System > About).
  • A short video clip of the incident. 

We would appreciate your response with all the details above; it will help us one step closer to resolving the issue. 

Many thanks,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.