Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Usman0101

Bug Report: Playback Button Exits Video App on TCL Roku TV

Description: After pausing a video (e.g., on YouTube), the playback button on the remote exits the video app and returns to the Roku Channel, which is quite frustrating.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Start watching a video on YouTube.
  2. Pause the playback.
  3. Allow the Roku TV to enter screensaver mode.
  4. Upon returning, click the Play/Pause button on the remote to resume playback.

Expected Result: The video should resume playback without exiting the app.

Actual Result: Instead of resuming playback, the Roku TV exits the video app and goes to the Roku Channel.

Workaround: Instead of using the Play/Pause button, press the OK button to resume playback.

Device Details:

• Model: TCL 55R625 Series 6 Roku TV
  • Note: This issue is specific to the TCL Roku TV; the Roku Ultra functions normally after the screensaver activates and the playback button is pressed.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bug Report: Playback Button Exits Video App on TCL Roku TV

I don't think this is Roku-specific. My Shield players (running Android TV) will exit the screensaver back to the home screen, not the app I was using to watch YouTube content. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bug Report: Playback Button Exits Video App on TCL Roku TV

@Usman0101 

Was there a little ad in the lower left part of the Home Screen on the TCL RokuTV? (and perhaps not on your Ultra).

I have noticed that when the extra ad is present (which is engaged with by the Play/Pause button), sometimes you get conflicting/unexpected behaviors. (launches channels, launches Roku Channel, etc.)

When the extra ad is not present, then the Play/Pause button performs as expected within channels/apps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.