Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
illmaticwes
Reel Rookie

Bouncing Roku boot up screen Express 4K+ 3941X

I have a fairly new Express 4K+ that I tried to boot up recently and it just does a bouncing Roku logo screen.  I tried factor reset, power unplug etc from other forum posts but no luck.  Trying to get support (how to fix or likely a replacement). I got from Amazon a few months ago and love this product.  Please help.

SN: S07P21AFV0TJ

Model: 3941X

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bouncing Roku boot up screen Express 4K+ 3941X

Hi @illmaticwes,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

We also recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
illmaticwes
Reel Rookie

Hi, for power its plugged into the tv port wall outlet with supplied cables.  I tried multiple TVs and different houses (for different wifi).  Same result.  Bouncing Roku boot up logo.  Tried holding reset button 30 seconds and all kinds of other stuff on the forums.  When I picked up the unit today I can hear something moving inside so not sure thats related or not.  I would just like to replace it at this point.  I doubt it can be resolved otherwise.  Thanks.  I really love my Roku and bummed not to have it the last week or so.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @illmaticwes,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.
If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shahshah
Reel Rookie

I have Express 4K+ 3941X suddenly yesterday would show bouncing logo and then blue screen.

SN:S0AH2195E1L5

Purchased Sept 2022

Tried all the tips about hard reset, power cycling.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shahshah,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue with your Roku device that is stuck in the bouncing logo. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?
  2. Have you tried disconnecting your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if your Roku device is experiencing the same issue? Once the device is getting past the bouncing logo screen, try reconnecting your wireless network.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shahshah
Reel Rookie

1. using the power adapter provided

2. yes tried this and no difference

to be clear what I see on power up

- bouncing roku logo

- followed by blue screen with no audio/video nothing

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shahshah,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

In regards to your issue with your Roku device that is stuck in the bouncing logo, we're going to assign a member of our support team to reach out to you via email. They will be assisting you from thereon.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.