Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lbjoe
Reel Rookie

Blank screen once I try to play anything

It's some of the model devices that are doing this now. Just started recently. It's not cables. My old roku premiere doesn't do this or my roku tv built in apps. My roku Express is the only device this happens to... And now I'll tell you why... it's the video preview on certain apps that does this... I switch back to my roku Premiere device. Works fine. And fyi.... My voice remote works with my premiere that never offerd this feature or remote originally. And I tried turning off the video preview on the troubled apps? Doesn't help. Change your device.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Lbjoe
Reel Rookie

Re: Blank screen once I try to play anything

That's what normally fixes issues..... But not in this case. It's an update software conflict on certain devices. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.