Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both tvs hacked same time

I have a roku tv, and another tv with a roku device connected. Both suddenly stopped working the same night. No picture. Changes my password to wifi, now i can see a picture on one of the tvs at least. Remotes dont control eithet

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Both tvs hacked same time

Hi @Fallingpieces

We're here to help!

For clarification, which of your 2 Roku devices shows a picture after you change your wifi password? Is that device working normally?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I have a similar issue. My wifi was hacked and as a result my Roku picture is on my downnstairs neighbor's tv.  My remote isn't controlling the Roku anymore either. I tried the official Roku remote app on my phone but the Roku and my phone are on different networks. My phone is obviously on MY home network. So any solution to your problem? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@hatehackers100

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is your Roku device on your home wireless network?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.