Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maidmarion17
Reel Rookie

Roku Express making humming noise

I have a Roku Express that I ordered directly from Roku so I don't know if an exchange is possible (if that suggestion is offered). It has recently started humming on any screen I have on (the home screen, different channels, etc). I don't know if it stops when I turn on a show or if it is drowned out but I no longer hear it. I read online to try an update (none was needed) and also to try unplugging it and plugging it back in...neither of these things worked. It seems this is common since I have seen other people asking about it online.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express making humming noise

Are you using the TV's USB port for power or the supplied power adapter?  If one, try the other or try a USB power adapter from a phone or tablet that can supply at least 1 Amp (read the tiny print and look for something like Output: 5V 1A).  More than 1 Amp is good, less won't be sufficient.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Maidmarion17
Reel Rookie

I am using the Roku power cord and cube that came with it and plugged in to the wall.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Maidmarion17

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maidmarion17
Reel Rookie

Serial number is X00400MTTXSK

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Maidmarion17

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos