Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brucek1
Reel Rookie

Backgammon game was always a bit buggy, now will not let me even play, and I am paying for it??

Does anyone else play the backgammon game, and if so are you having problems with it?

I emailed the support@weather4us.com for help and have heard nothing from them.

Here are some of the problems I've been having:

1. Right now for several days I have not been able to connect to a game. I select live play and get an opponent, and then they disappear and I go back to the original screen selections. I cannot get a game to work.
2. If I do play, much of the time my opponent just leaves; either takes off or is losing and decides to play games and disappear. Or maybe they are disconnected or lost somehow? I don't know what is happening.
3. I keep getting messages to resign, when it was not me that quit in the first place. I either resign or play to the bitter end if I am losing, but most opponents don't seem to share that habit.
4. While playing if you, and I mean my opponent doesn't like their roll, they can just cut out and come back in a few seconds later, and the game gives them a whole different roll.
5. Sometimes pieces will just start changing color and moving all over the board by themselves.
Anyone??
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Backgammon game was always a bit buggy, now will not let me even play, and I am paying for it??

Is this a game channel you've purchased or subscribed to, or is it a game that came on your Roku when you bought it? Roku hasn't had games built into their players for many years, so if it's the latter your Roku is likely very old. What model number Roku do you have (not just it's name, please)?

If it came on your Roku, then no you're not paying anything for it. If it's on a channel you subscribe to, then you might be paying for something, but you'd need to take it up with the channel provider that offers the game.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Brucek1
Reel Rookie

Re: Backgammon game was always a bit buggy, now will not let me even play, and I am paying for it??

I think it was a game I installed on my ROKU, if I understand how ROKU works. I have a Roku Ultra | Streaming Media. Got it because it has a wired connection. I can tell you I am paying for it because I just subscribed to the ad-free version of this game in hopes that it would work better, or that at least I could get some customer service.

I got a response that said they have not updated or fixed any bugs in years, and it was probably my internet connection ... when this is on my ROKU where I watch HD and 4k movies without a hitch regularly.

I enjoy playing backgammon, but this game is more buggy than functional and the support@weather4us.com are being unhelpful to say the least about it.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

OK, so you have an Ultra (there are multiple versions, but that doesn't matter for this discussion). No, it was not installed automatically on your Ultra. The players that came with games preinstalled date back ten years or more, not any of the recent models.

I see several Backgammon game channels listed in the channel store, but none list weather4us as the provider. Unfortunately, they are the ones that you will have to deal with to resolve your issue. That channel was not created by Roku, and they have no way of investigating and/or fixing problems with it. That can only be done by the channel provider. It sounds like you aren't getting much help from them already, and that's a shame. But they are the ones that need to address the problem.

If everything else on your Roku is working fine, unfortunately the finger points to the specific channel as the problem, not something Roku can address.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MJGuitar
Binge Watcher

Hi Brucek1-

Glad to see that I'm not the only one having the same problems. It's a super glitchy site. Sometimes the board isn't even set up right. If I'm losing really bad and there is no point in continuing, I will forfeit instead of just disappearing, but 9 times out of 10, the incorrect menu is there that doesn't have that option.

I've also gotten the message to resign, not quit, when I never did that. Also, I've had people use the resume function to change the numbers I just rolled if they are favorable to me; there's a few people who cheat that way. 

My screen name is David_3428 so if I see you I'll add you as a friend. I believe in playing fair, too, so I won't change the dice. 

0 Kudos