Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig_in_NC
Reel Rookie

Audio issues with live channels

Having issues on my local live broadcast channels where background sounds come through but, all main dialogue is gone (or very weak). For example, watching a baseball game I hear the stadium noise but not the announcers broadcasting the game. ABC, NBC, CBS & Fox have the problem.

If I switch to my Windows laptop, the sound is perfect. This only started yesterday (Aug 20, 2022). I'm in the Wilmington, NC geography.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Craig_in_NC
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio issues with live channels

Adding to initial post..

ESPN, NFL Network are OK.

FS1 - same problem

Using Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
Craig_in_NC
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio issues with live channels

I made the mistake of making multiple changes at the same time to both the Roku audio settings and my Yamaha AV receiver. I suspect changing and returning the setting to the original value fixed it. Unfortunately, I cannot exactly tell what fixed it.

All works perfectly now

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.