Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swtns
Channel Surfer

Re: Audio issues with Hulu

I removed Hulu rebooted and added back That. Didn’t work 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Swtns,

Thank you for updating us!

We understand you're having the same problem with the Hulu channel. No worries, help is here. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My Audio Issues with Hulu are exclusive to the Roku app and occur with two totally different Roku Device Models and two different TVs.

One of Four Issues Commonly Occur:

1. Audio cuts out completely.

2. Audio suddenly and significantly reduces in volume to below audible levels. Increasing volume makes it audible again, but the audio has become garbled.

3. Audio suddenly and significantly increases in volume, and is garbled similarly to how it issue two.

4. Audio becomes totally un-synced with the video. This most commonly (but not exclusively) occurs when starting a new video (either playing the next episode of a show or starting a film.)

In all four situations, I can exit and re-start the episode or film and the issue disappears (but is soon to re-occur.)

What I’ve attempted to do to resolve the issue: (Without Success)

- Uninstall Hulu App —> Restart Roku —> Reinstall Hulu App.

- Totally reset both Rokus to factory condition, fully updated them, then reinstalled Hulu.

- Replaced HDMI cables to ensure correct and compatible HDMI versions.

- Modified audio settings, both on the Roku and the TVs to ensure there are no conflicts or mistakes.

Any advice?

It is *seriously* interfering with my use and enjoyment of Hulu. Lately I’ve even been thinking of cancelling service, but I’d rather resolve the cause of these issues than do that (if it is possible.)

Swtns
Channel Surfer

Everything I’ve tried is just a temp fix , nothing works and Roku has no real fix I do believe it’s because they are going to or already have their own live streaming and they don’t want Hulu in the mix. 

0 Kudos
Swtns
Channel Surfer

No updates available.. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

We really do appreciate the additional information about this issue on Hulu. We'd like to see more of what's going on here and see how we can get you started.

However, we'll need your help to further review this case. Could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.
  • If possible, can you provide a video clip of the issue you're experiencing?

This information will help our team further look into this issue.

We'll be looking forward to your update. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luvstohike
Binge Watcher

Are you kidding me. Literally hundreds of people have already done that. You just keep asking for the same information over and over, and you keep recommending the same fixes that NEVER work. This issue has been going on for more than six months, yet neither you or Hulu seem to be able to figure out ANYTHING.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We sincerely regret any difficulties this may have caused you, @luvstohike.

Please be advised that we gathered each of the user's details that were requested by @RokuERey above for the reason that each Roku streaming device/TV has unique information that our engineering team requires to effectively verify and fix the issue as soon as we can. We fully acknowledge the occurring issue regarding Hulu, which is why we humbly request those affected users to provide us with the precise information needed. 

In the meantime, we highly appreciate you bearing with us. Hope this clears everything out.

Sincerely,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luvstohike
Binge Watcher

You have to be kidding! This issue has been goin on for close to year, and there is no end in sight. Neither Roku or Hulu seem to have a clue about what they are doing. 

GLAMM

Re: Audio issues with Hulu on Roku

October 23,2023 and the issue still persist.  It makes the channel unwatchable. Hulu also constantly gives error messages they cannot play this title at this time even in the middle of a program.

Roku I have a television with your system built in and I consider this a major downgrade. My television is not fully functioning, it is under warranty so I could get a refund.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.