Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAMandr

Re: NCAA March Madness App audio lag

Jump to solution

I am also running into this issue. It is only on the CBS sports app and the March Madness app, not on any other apps. I have a vizio tv with a roku plugged in.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: NCAA March Madness App audio lag

Jump to solution

Audio sync issues is a common problem when streaming. Just Google it. Most newer devices such as soundbars actual have audio sync correction. The best place to start is by restarting your Roku, modem and router. Or restart your gateway. This usually corrects the issue. 

poneill
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio delay | NCAA March Madness

Jump to solution

Yes it is happening with other channels than trutv 

0 Kudos
poneill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I tried what you said. It’s happening on the other networks games are on not just trutv

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@poneill 

Saw your post. Got home a little bit ago and launched the app. Watched part of three games. Audio was in sync with the sounds from the game. Could hear the bounces of the ball on the hardwood, whistle sounds when the refs blew them, crowd noise matched the crowd. During announcer segments, halftime and such, the announcers and voice were in sync.

The fourth game (CBS) wasn't available in the March Madness app. I'm not experiencing the issue. That indicates it's the stream. I would suggest I'm getting the games on a different stream than you're getting. My app is version 7.1 build 0, which I suspect is the same as you. So, not Roku, not the app, that leaves the stream. And if we're in different parts of the country (I'm in Georgia), we would likely get different streams.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
poneill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ok so if that’s the case what’s my solution. I’m in New Jersey 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@poneill 

I'm not sure if changing your DNS server would make a difference. I'm using Google DNS 8.8.8.8 on my network. Now I don't know if that'll make a difference for you, but if you do change the settings, be sure you write down what they were so you can change them back if it doesn't make a difference.

Apart from that, I'm not certain what you can do to force a different stream. Even if you change to Google DNS (or Open DNS, or some other service) they could still direct you to the same stream you're currently getting.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
poneill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I tried switching wifi networks at least. I’m not sure you mean by different stream?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@poneill wrote:

...I’m not sure you mean by different stream?

Large streamers, to include Netflix, Hulu, CBS, and other major networks, often have servers set up all over the country (or world). It's quite possible that you and I are getting our streams from different places. DNS servers control part of that. Changing DNS servers might get you a stream from a different area.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Ahshot02

Jump to solution

The answer is way more simple! Go to your display options in setting and make 720p your default. Guaranteed to fix the audio!