Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desrgu
Reel Rookie

Audio badly stuttering on every selection

My roku stock purchased late summer 2018. Worked well until last month. Audio stutters horrendously now. Did it occasionally before and thought it was a streaming issue. It isn’t. I’ve done all the trouble shooting recommendations listed in the discussion streams. It’s the stick. Unless roku sends me another feee of charge, I’ll never buy another. I’m pissed 

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
heleneg

Re: Audio badly stuttering on every selection

I occasionally get the same thing. I unplug the stick and its power cord for about 10 minutes, then re-plug everything. It seems to work. But, I agree, it's unacceptable!

Realdine
Binge Watcher

Try to change the audio setting. Force the audio to pcm stereo.

GreenOne

I have same issue with stuttering on all streaming selections. Already set to pcm-stereo on Roku and confirmed same setting in TV. Restart doesn't help. Good strong WiFi connection.

mjwhitta

I purchased a Roku Ultra this summer (2020). I'd previously bought a few Roku Premiers and have had no issues so far. I'm embarrassed to admit that I paid extra for the Lost Remote Finder functionality (about $60 extra since the other features weren't huge selling points for me). That feature never worked out-of-the-box and now I'm also having horrible choppy audio. It happens on the home screen when navigating and anytime I try to stream shows or movies.

I have found that Settings -> System -> Restart will fix the issue. It's not ideal. Hopefully a future update will resolve this.

CaroleV
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue with both of my Ultras. I have to go into the menu and restart. One is a wired connection directly to my Spectrum router and the other is a wireless connection which is good. I just bought these in September so I am not a happy camper.

0 Kudos
straycat
Binge Watcher

Desrgu - Thanks!  Worked like a charm.  When in doubt, reboot - words to live by 🙂

0 Kudos
slbgb

I've had the Roku for tv, 3900x for over a year on several tvs with no problems.  Today one of them started stuttering.  I replaced it with one of the other 3900x from a different tv and that worked.  Does Roku even have a department you can Actually contact?  I can't find anyway to contact them.

0 Kudos
Agent0071
Reel Rookie

Same issue on my Ultra 2020 but restarting did nothing help.. Happens in Netflix, Vudu, and Disney now at least. Frustrating. Video is smooth. It is just the audio will intermittently cut out for a sec or every so often. 

jimboaz

Hi I had a similar problem with a 6 month old Ultra....like a skipping record that the needle was stuck in a groove.....I  finally found the problem is the audio leveling settings. Try turning the leveling off completely or to the first minimal affecting position. The heavier leveling settings cause the audio to stutter intermittently. A restart on the Ultra will clear it out temporarily.