Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MtnWilliam

Re: Audio Lag on Hulu on Streaming Stick + and on Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Mine is also glitching with the AppleTv channel as well. It seems ridiculous to have to rewind after every commercial to get it to synch back up. 

luvstohike
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This does not happen on any other streaming device, just Roku. I have been having this issue for more than 6 months. Roku does not care.

mike313
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You said it best: Roku does not care. 

turk69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 3 Rouk Express's and Hulu Live has serious audio lag. I tried deleting app, etc, no luck.  Been almost 2 years.  Almost every channel lags.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @turk69,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing this with us. Rest assured that we'd be more than happy to look further into the issue and assist you with the best we can. Is this issue happening to all three of your Roku Express? In addition, does the issue specifically occur with Hulu, or are other channels affected?

We would appreciate your response so we can assist you further regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nlk11021
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just went searching for information about this issue and found this thread.

I have two Roku Ultra devices plus two TCL Roku TVs, all have the specific audio sync issues on Hulu mentioned in this thread. I also have issues on Apple TV+ MLS Season Pass with resuming a paused match and Amazon Prime with caption synching but don't know if those are related. None of these occur on my PC or iOS. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we would want to take a closer look at the issue. At the same time, we would be needing additional information. Kindly provide the following below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on the Hulu channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
turk69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

3920RW-Roku Premiere

SN/ YH00HX145578

DEVICE ID : JF302H145578

SOF VERSION: 1200 . BUILD 4184-91

HULU VERSION 6.71 BUILD 1

It happens on Hulu Live that I have noticed. Paramount app is fine, Netflix app fine for me.  It will start off fine, then start audio lagging after a commercial usually and is constant on every channel. 

Timestamp 2023-08-16t05:40:50z

id: 78-327-220

Channel Paramount, was working until commercial break. 

Was 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @turk69,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate you for providing the information as requested. Kindly be advised that we have taken note of these details. In addition, it is a good option to contact the channel partner and let them know about the issue you've encountered since channel partners design, develop, and maintain their channels on the Roku platform.

We hope for your understanding, and please let us know if you hear back from the channel partner.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Erinlpmt

Jump to solution

Can't click the not helpful bc the page reloads and then gives the can't reload message.  This just started for me about 2 weeks ago.  Going out and re-entering was helpful for a while. I restarted my device and checked for updates and now it's a permanent issue or seems because it's delayed from the beginning and doesn't fix.  

I suppose it's time to cancel Hulu if they can't get it together

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.