Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AtyWatchesTV
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio Lag on Hulu on Streaming Stick + and on Roku Ultra

Hi Carly,
I am having the audio delay with the Hulu app on a brand new Roku Streambar. 

Thx

0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

yep me too. and on 3 different ultra 4 and a 3 in my house, an ultra 4 at my brothers house and another ultra 4 at my parents house, plus about 35 other people in this thread on all roku devices..

http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

I miss the Bullies! Booby Clark and crew.. We havn't had as much a fun team to watch since them..

0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

I gave all the details in this thread, they have been extensive..
We know the problem is in the ads, when they switch between different ads the resolutions and bitrates change and it introduces first a 2-5 second period of no audio and when the audio comes back in it is out of synch with the video.

As I am typing this I am watching "lethal Weapon" tv series and the at every commercial break through the series the audio goes out of synch, pressing rewind and then play puts it back into synch, but is a major pain in the ... to have to do after every commercial break.

right now I am watching it on my roku soundbar, but it happens also on my ultra 4's (all 3 of them) and my older 3 but much less often on the roku 3.

I can guarantee you it is not my WiFi as it has been thoroughly tested and is passing 1GPS up and down with extremely low latency (dedicated Ethernet business grade inet connection with QOS guarantee).

All of the rokus have been doing it for the last at least 4 months and continue to do it. I spoke to a Hulu rep who said it is the roku ad system causing the issue. Which is believable, as it does not happen on my firebox, an adroid box or on any of my PCs. And many other users are reporting the same exact problem.

And while I have your attention, you guys need to standardize the volume level on your ad server to be similar to the content, there are a few channels where the ads are so loud they wake me up when I fall asleep watching tv (every night)..

Brian97

Also having problems on Roku and streaming live TV.  Noticed it appears to be due to ads and will synch when I rewind.  Surprised so many people are having same issue.  Does HULU live TV need to fix this or ROKU.  Based on above posts this appears to be a ROKU issue.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ted6,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more details about the problem you are encountering with Hulu Live? Our aim is to assist you in resolving the issue and getting you back up and running smoothly.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roblox
Channel Surfer

Spoiler
You can restart your tv using remote by pressing: home button 5 times, up once, rewind twice, and fast forward twice and your TV will do something funny and freeze for a little bit to restart. This will fix all of your problems. If the issue persists, contact Roku Support.
0 Kudos
Josh16
Channel Surfer

Roblox,

I already tried restarting my tv using the Roku remote. It does NOT work! All the “solutions” suggested by Roku on this thread have failed to resolve this issue. By now, Roku should be aware of this issue and working with Hulu instead of continuously sending robotic generated messages! 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Josh16 @Roblox,

Thanks and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having an issue with the Hulu channel. We're happy to help. If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Third3
Binge Watcher

Let me be sure I have this right.  Roku can’t handle the programming that Hulu is generating.  And you want us to leave Roku alone, and go raise with Hulu, because Roku can’t handle the programming that Hulu is generating?  If this were a court of law, we would be thrown out immediately because “we don’t have standing” - it’s  Roku issue.  Being that it’s Hulu, owned in part by Comcast, they couldn’t care less if we are not happy.

The solution here is for ROKU to go to Hulu and work this out.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.