Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D_D

After selecting a channel, Roku reverts back to Home Screen on all channel selections

I am still having the exact issue mentioned in several messages regarding my Roku reverting back to the home screen! Does anyone have a valid recommendation or "fix" yet?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
D_D

Re: After selecting a channel, Roku reverts back to Home Screen on all channel selections

As you can see Karla, I have the exact same issue! It's VERY repeatable on the initial power on. Once you go back to the channel that you selected the 1st time (before the box revert back to the main screen) the box works ok. Let me know if that isn't clear enough. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: After selecting a channel, Roku reverts back to Home Screen on all channel selections

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @D_D!

We appreciate you for reaching out regarding the issue you have been experiencing and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Could you please specify which app you are having this issue with? In addition, kindly try to manually check for software updates by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Software update > Check Now

After doing so, if there is new software available, then your Roku streaming device will download and install it automatically, and once completed, your device will reboot. Also, please make sure that you have plugged in your Roku streaming device tightly to an HDMI port and your TV to a power source

Let us know what you find out, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos