Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MommaBear2513
Reel Rookie

AMC+ application not working??

Jump to solution

Is anyone having issues with the AMC app.?? I launch it and it does it's little start up screen and then goes completely black and stays black till I go back home... I've checked for updates both for app and TV... I've restarted, I've uninstalled and reinstalled.. this is quite frustrating since I pay for this.. this seems to happen quite often WITH NUMEROUS APPS and Roku customer service can never seem to help with anything. Please tell me someone has a remedy here ?! I am on a fairly new Roku Hisense TV, model 55R6+ ... Software version 13.0.0. ....

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: AMC+ application not working??

Jump to solution

We appreciate you keeping us in the loop, @MommaBear2513,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you with the AMC+ channel. That's not what we aim for.

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions on the link posted above, videos from other channels play fine; contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Thanks for your understanding!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MommaBear2513,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having an issue streaming the AMC+ channel on your Roku device, and we appreciate the steps you took to fix the problem.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the affected channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting.

If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove restart re-install), we recommend giving it a shot again.

We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System restart.

Visit our Support page for more steps to troubleshoot how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kchavez57

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem,  same brand tv.  Have you solved the issue?

0 Kudos
MommaBear2513
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have not figured this out.! And it is specifically this tv only I believe. Cause I can access my AMC+ on every other device I have. I followed instructions from Roku customer service and every trick I've been able to find online and it just keeps on with the same problem.! So irritating.

0 Kudos
MommaBear2513
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Restart, remove, reinstall does not work. Nor does restarting the device. This is an issue with this TV that functions with Roku. It's a ticking time bomb.! On a monthly basis it swaps to a new app that it doesn't allow to work. Quite possibly the worst TV I own. Have you ever wanted to throw a device out the backdoor.? I have a seriously hateful relationship with this TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate you keeping us in the loop, @MommaBear2513,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you with the AMC+ channel. That's not what we aim for.

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions on the link posted above, videos from other channels play fine; contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Thanks for your understanding!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.