Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisdal100
Reel Rookie

8 Yr Old Streaming Stick Had No Audio Issues But Brand New Replacement Does

Jump to solution

When my 8 yr old Streaming Stick showed signs of age I replaced it with a brand new 4K version. Now the sound cuts in and out. Across all channels on a 1080p Panasonic Viera. No HDMI cable used. No soundbar. I see this is an ongoing problem that has not been addressed for years. What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 8 Yr Old Streaming Stick Had No Audio Issues But Brand New Replacement Does

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community, @chrisdal100!

We understand that you are experiencing audio issues with your new Roku Stick. We are here to offer support and help isolate and resolve this issue.

Do you have any error codes when streaming? We recommend using a different HDMI input or a different TV to see if that makes a difference.

We recommend the troubleshooting provided by our support page here: What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community, @chrisdal100!

We understand that you are experiencing audio issues with your new Roku Stick. We are here to offer support and help isolate and resolve this issue.

Do you have any error codes when streaming? We recommend using a different HDMI input or a different TV to see if that makes a difference.

We recommend the troubleshooting provided by our support page here: What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chrisdal100
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The HDMI swap appears to be working. Keeping fingers crossed. Thank you.

chrisdal100
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Correction. The audio dropouts persist. Will now try a Roku Express. Maybe my 12 year old plasma set prefers a 1080p signal.

0 Kudos
chrisdal100
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Roku Express has not produced a solution to the audio drop out problem first noticed in the 4K Streaming Stick. But I did learn that movies rented from Amazon Prime are trouble-free. So most likely this is a software conflict probably produced by an update that doesn't like old TVs. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.