Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niki-k9627
Reel Rookie

5 months old roku stopped working very disappointed

My sister brought my a roku box connects to my tv for Christmas, today I was watching a film then the remote stopped working! I changed the battery’s no luck! Unplugged absolutely everything! No luck reset the whole system no luck and is now stuck on the language selection page. The light on the roku also is now continuously flashing and then goes out altogether…. I absolutely loved my roku!! And I have now ordered another but come on this is absolutely ridiculous! My tv is bran new also absolutely not the issue! My wifi is working fine! But everything suddenly just stopped working! Really disappointing that I’ve had to order another and if this one stops? I won’t be ordering ever again! 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 5 months old roku stopped working very disappointed

You didn't provide us with some important information. What model Roku player do you have? 

One comment about the batteries in the remote. Some remotes have both batteries installed facing the same way, while others have one facing up and the other down. Look in the battery area for a diagram and make sure you inserted the batteries correctly. 

Electronic devices like a Roku can obviously fail, even when new. Sometimes a defective product slips through production inspections. Roku offers a one year warranty in the US, so you can always request a replacement. 

I have one Roku device that's over ten years old. It still "works", but in reality it's too old to actually work with the latest channels and it's so slow it's difficult to use even on channels that are still supported. All I'm saying is that in general Roku devices last longer than they can actually be useful.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Niki-k9627
Reel Rookie

Hi it’s model 3930X the light on the box has now completely gone I can’t do anything I do love my roku just a little disappointed its 5 months old and yeah I doubled checked the batteries disconnected everything but unfortunately no response at all 

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@Niki-k9627  I'd recommend you contact support at once and go through troubleshooting..If memory serves the Roku is still under warranty so if its defective it will be replaced with a new one. Read through the information on this link for details: https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
atc98092

The 3930 is the basic Express. Personally I don't recommend anyone buying that model. It's not that much more money for the Express 4K+ (right now on sale for $30) for a significantly better player. Yes, yours is still under warranty if you are located in the US (I don't know the warranty in other countries) and I would contact Roku through their support site and see if you can get it replaced and also upgrade to the better player. 

As I said before, sometimes electronic devices fail for unknown reasons when they are still fairly new. It really doesn't matter who makes them, sometimes they just do. But absolutely try getting a warranty replacement. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
makaiguy

@Niki-k9627-

If the power light doesn't come on at all, maybe the power adapter has failed.  Do you have another from a phone or other device you can try?  Just be sure the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1.0 amps (1000 milliamps),

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.