Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanTabone
Reel Rookie

4K streaming stick reboot loop

My 4k streaming stick keeps turning off as soon as I play any video stream. It reboots and starts up again. Sometimes it restarts multiple times before I can do anything.

I have tried plugging into the wall using the adapter provided in the box. I have done a factory reset. I have ensured adequte ventillation. I have turned off bandwidth saver. All to no avail. The roku was working perfectly for over a year, and this problem started happening a few days ago and the roku is now unusable because of it. 

How do I fix this? Is it a hardware issue?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 4K streaming stick reboot loop

Welcome to the Roku Community@RyanTabone!

We appreciate your effort in reporting this issue to us, and we're here to help.

Before we proceed, we would like to know if your Roku Stick is working on a different TV. Have you tried plugging the device into a different HDMI port? Also, when did this issue start occurring?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
RyanTabone
Reel Rookie

I have tried it in different HDMI ports on the same tv and got the same results. I just tried it on a different TV and it seems to be working.

0 Kudos
RyanTabone
Reel Rookie

I can try, but it doesn't seem likely that the issue is with the TV. All 3 ports on the TV have this issue with the Roku. It also worked perfectly for well over a year and only started acting up after the most recent roku update. Nothing about the TV has changed. Does roku no longer work with older LG model TVs?

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RyanTabone!

Thank you for keeping us informed. We would like to investigate this issue further.

To assist us in resolving this matter, could you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RyanTabone
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I responded by email a while ago, not realizing I should have posted here. The info you requested is:

Model: 3820CA - streaming stick 4K
Serial: X01700F1CK5S
device ID: S09142A1CK5S
tracker ID: 5S-237-693

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.