Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security feature that sends text when login

Jump to solution

Can I disable the security function that sends me a text message asking for a code every time someone logs in

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Security feature that sends text when login

Jump to solution

Hi, @donniebarbour

Sending you a warm welcome from me and everyone in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for inquiring about the security function on your Roku Smart Home app linked with your Roku Smart Home devices. We'd be more than glad to assist. To disable this function, kindly follow the steps below:

Use the following steps to turn off two-step verification while signing in to the app.

1. In the app, tap Account
  2. Tap Security
  3. Tap Two-step verification
  4. Tap Turn off two-step verification
  5. When prompted for confirmation, tap Continue
  6. If you do not have access to your verification phone number, tap Send a code to my email
  7. Type the verification code that you receive in a text or email
  8. Tap Turn off two-step verification

If you need to add a new phone number, perform the steps in the "How to enable two-step verification" section.

We hope this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Security feature that sends text when login

Jump to solution

Hi, @donniebarbour

Sending you a warm welcome from me and everyone in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for inquiring about the security function on your Roku Smart Home app linked with your Roku Smart Home devices. We'd be more than glad to assist. To disable this function, kindly follow the steps below:

Use the following steps to turn off two-step verification while signing in to the app.

1. In the app, tap Account
  2. Tap Security
  3. Tap Two-step verification
  4. Tap Turn off two-step verification
  5. When prompted for confirmation, tap Continue
  6. If you do not have access to your verification phone number, tap Send a code to my email
  7. Type the verification code that you receive in a text or email
  8. Tap Turn off two-step verification

If you need to add a new phone number, perform the steps in the "How to enable two-step verification" section.

We hope this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.