Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris16371

How to undownload an app update?

I made the mistake of updating the Smart Home App before reading about it and now I can't access any of my devices because of 2 factor authentication popping up everytime I open the app with no exit button.

Where I live I have no cell service, only wifi and a landline so I literally have no way to use the 2 factor authentication anyways. 

I also don't want Roku to have my phone number, I feel by making it mandatory that it's violating my privacy rights.

This is also dangerous, there's people using the app for home security. If someone just updated the app and doesn't know about this 2 step pop up, they could get a notification of motion but not be able to view the cameras because of the pop up which could result in robbery, injury, or even death. 

Does anyone know how to revert back to the previous update? 

What is Roku Smart Home doing to resolve this issue? If it's mandatory and is going to remain that way, then Roku needs to offer refunds of all devices to people like me who don't have cell service where they live or anyone who doesn't want Roku to have their personal phone number. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
toddar
Binge Watcher

Re: How to undownload an app update?

Agree with you don't want to give them my number either.  But doubt Roku will let you roll back the app.  Roku will harvest as many phone numbers as they can.  Then maybe if there's enough complaints we might get an option to verify by email.  For now we're just out of luck.

0 Kudos
Kieran449
Streaming Star

Re: How to undownload an app update?

I bought my ROKU television at Sam's Club, because it had what I needed and did what I wanted it to do from playing nintendo video games to watching movies from my media players, plus I can watch all my subscriptions from NETFLIX, USB media input, YouTube and HULU. I could have bought any brand of TV at Sam's Club. I just figured ROKU was convenient so I wouldn't have to plug in my HDMI ROKU anymore. 

My TV is now not the same TV I payed money for. I want what I payed for. My next TV is going to be a regular TV that never needs updates or internet access to operate.

0 Kudos
300exsport

2 Step verification doorbell camera security

This doorbell camera if a piece of junk only 1 person can see it, whoever has their phone number on the account can see the doorbell camera you should be able to have multiple phone #on the list or permission to access just bought it the other day and was having trouble with it called customer service it was a waste of time just kept saying sorry sorry sorry can't help you with that stay away from the security system they have no idea what they are doing it is going back to Walmart I talked with them and told them what happened and told them they should steer people away from this product

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.