Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unicorntails101
Channel Surfer

Error something went wrong

My smart home app logged  me now when I click login with email I get error message something went wrong try again later. It's been 4 hours now. Checked play store app is up to date. But I can see camera on tablet and TV just not phone 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error something went wrong

Hi @Unicorntails101,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for the additional information!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku smart home app since you are unable to log in. We're happy to assist. Please try to remove the app and add it back again.

If the problem still persists, kindly provide the following information below:

• May we know what is the make and model of your phone?
  • The firmware version of the Roku Smart Home app
  • Could you provide us with a photo or screenshot of the error message that you are seeing?
  • Can you please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Unicorntails101
Channel Surfer

1. S22+

2. 3.0.0.281 roku smart app

3. Screenshot attached of error

Un-installed twice and still same issue

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us posted, @Unicorntails101!

We would like to gather more information about this issue you had with the Roku smart home app. Could you provide us with the Roku Smart Home device model and Mac Address? (Smart Home mobile app, > SettingsDevice info)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Unicorntails101
Channel Surfer

1000008799.jpg

Don't have a mac

0 Kudos
Unicorntails101
Channel Surfer

I have responded to info needed but yet I can't get a response back or get the app fixed. The service is horrible. What's the point in having the app when you can't login? All was good until your updat le in June 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.