Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris16371
Reel Rookie

Re: Date, time, and video resolution not working after the Smart Home update a couple days ago

I guess since no one is willing to fix these issues or give us refunds. Everyone needs to go to the Better Buisnesss Bureau and file complaints. More people who do it, the better.

With all these issues, surprised lawyers haven't been involved yet. Hmmm

L A W S U I T

Dh55
Binge Watcher

Re: Date, time, and video resolution not working after the Smart Home update a couple days ago

Poor resolution on all my cameras after update. Also getting code -20. Force stopped app cleared cache rebooted device nothing seems to help. This all occurred after the recent app update

Jaz2022
Channel Surfer

Add this to the prior laundry list of problems: Normally I have my cameras all muted. I went LIVE on one today on the app and unmuted and could hear sounds as expected. Then I muted, but it would not mute. Then I went LIVE on a different cam but was still hearing sound from the first cam. The second cam's picture was clearly not updating, so I decided to close the app on my Samsung phone. Even though I closed the app, I was still hearing sound from the first camera. This continued for about a minute, when I finally decided to force stop the app in order to stop hearing sound from the first camera. Thankfully when I force stopped the app, the sound from the first camera stopped. I find I need to force stop and clraer the cache many times a day now after this last update. Also, I know cameras are still frequently freezing and not recording events since a car pulled into my driveway the other day and people got out while I was there and no events were recorded. Feels like this is just another wrinkle in the ongoing saga... I'm feeling like it might be time to give up on this franchise. When they did an update last year, I was about a month without being able to even log into their system from the app. I bet they will be another month figuring out the latest update mess. 

Same problem here...I even went and bought new cameras that lasted maybe a week then straight to **bleep** resolution, no motion detection and most if the times I can't view them live....it just times out, total waste of money, I'm canceling my subscription and going back to blink 

Jaz2022
Channel Surfer

Latest update: Now I am getting event notifications but when I go to the events to view them, they aren't there. Ugh.

KITA79

Same. Can't view any from last 2 days

Chrisgibson1982
Reel Rookie

Irritating to the max.  I decided that I'm done with the roku cameras.  Taking all my losses and gonna find a different camera system all together.  No date, no time, videos disappear randomly, and I have a vandalized vehicle that had a camera pointed straight at it and I have no video of it happening.  I put an sd card in the camera even, and it formatted and said it was set up to record continuously (something like 15 days before it overwrote. It recorded for roughly 15 mins initially and then now says if I want to use an SD card I must insert one.  It was formatted and recording, clicked into place correctly working and never removed until I was vandalized.   I clicked it in and out 20 times (only goes one way) and it refuses to acknowledge there is even a card in the sd slot.  Nothing but a false sense of security with these cameras.  Figured for certain I would have video of the damage.  My cameras are mounted 2nd story pointed straight where I park my truck.  Bedroom window over my head to get to em and the base plugged in behind my bed.  Only me wirh the access and password.  Sorta cannot believe how terrible 

0 Kudos
SirGemini
Channel Surfer

Has there been a solution to this issue? I'm tired of restarting, unplugging, deleting and reinstalling, and rebooting. I have to limit my data usage and no longer can check or determine the Video Resolution. Many times events will not record or be captured when someone walks across the camera view and unless I'm watching LIVE I miss it. It's Aug 25th 2024...any fixes??? 

Jaz2022
Channel Surfer

For what it is worth, I am also still having all of these problems. 

0 Kudos

The biggest problem is they hire people from India for support at 5 cents a hour.that don't know there was from a hole in the ground. If they get paid that much they are over paying.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.