Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is my new roku express assune as i finsh my langues and wifi it keeps software updating

So i got my roku express 12/4/2022 and i set it up that day and it said langue so i put english then wifi i put that stuff in it gave me the two check marks then keeps doing a soft ware update PLS HELP

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: why is my new roku express assune as i finsh my langues and wifi it keeps software updating

If this is one of the new Express models that doesn't come with a power adapter make sure the one you're using can supply at least 1 Amp. Look at the fine print on the adapter and look for something like "Output: 5V 1A". Greater than 1A is even better.

If that's not it, the other common issue is the inability to do the initial update over some people's networks. If you can connect to another network like your phone's hotspot try that just to get through the initial update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos