Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvt
Reel Rookie

roku continues to turn on my tv and won't switch to tv

After installing the Roku, my Samsung tv will only turn off if my 'focus' is not on the roku app.  If i turn off with the Roku, then the TV shuts down and comes back on!  what is this feature?  How do I stop this behavior?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku continues to turn on my tv and won't switch to tv

Try disabling "1-touch play" under Settings->System->Control other devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bvt
Reel Rookie

I tried to disable the 1-touch play, solved that issue, but now i get a device power screen, "check device power", a gray screen.  I have to press the OK button on the remote to get back the Roku, and if i was watching something?  well, it goes back to the main page, loosing my place.

If i leave 1-touch play enabled, i have to unplug the roku, otherwise the TV will not stay turned off.

Are there other devices similar to Roku?  I guess Google Chrome Plex may not have these issues.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

If that bothers you, you can turn off the auto power savings.  Ie: 

Settings -> System ->  Power -> Auto power savings

That’s basically just a sleep mode based on inactivity.

As for buying more stuff, sure if you want, but there’s also advantages in finding all the features and quirks of the product you already have.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
bvt
Reel Rookie

i'll try that setting which i must of overlooked.  after 10 minutes or so the screen saver disappears and i get this gray 'device not powered' screen.

I'll try that but still have to keep turned off the 1-touch play as the TV won't turn off when enabled, which of course reduces features, but if the power setting works, then great!

thank you,

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I habitually turn off the CEC stuff (1-touch play on Roku, AnyNet on Samsung etc.) on my various devices.  But some people like that stuff, when all their devices happen to get along and “do the right thing”. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos