Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twoodlan

Not receiving activation email

Jump to solution

I've done the factory reset. My sn is s02a2196c4j6 for ultra model 4800x

0 Kudos

Activation Link not coming

Jump to solution

Hi, tried two different emails to activate account and link TV - no emails come in at all- checked all folders. 

0 Kudos
rklip
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

Danny,

I've come here for the same reason as many others.  I cannot activate this device I just purchased.  This is our fourth Roku Stick and first time I cannot get get the activation email no matter what I do.  

FWIW the device is visible in my Roku app on my phone via home network, and what's appearing there as what I believe is the serial number is different (in app: X017***A498L) than what is on the retail box (that is: S090***A49L8). 

Even shows it is "connected" but I cannot access it when I try to log in and receive this message:

"Account does not match

You are logged in as *******@gmail.com, which is not the account for Streaming Stick 4K - X017***A49L8.  Please sign in to complete this operation."

What may be going on here?  Can this be addressed remotely or do I just need to return the device?  It was purchased as new from a major US online retailer, direct not from a 3P seller.  

Please help or point me in the right direction. Thank you.

0 Kudos
rklip
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Dear Mary,

I'm a bit hesitant to post a serial # or device ID in a public forum.  Is there a way to get support to solve this problem by private message or chat?  Same challenge as all others, no matter what I do I cannot receive the activation email.   

Thank you.

0 Kudos
vegipson

Re: Roku Express not sending emails out

Jump to solution

I've been searching "Roku" in my email account for the past two hours.  Nothing.  Any other solutions?

0 Kudos
vegipson

Still No Activation Email

Jump to solution

I've been waiting two hours for an activation email. Nobody has a solution for this issue, apparently. I've checked my Gmail account and searched "Roku" "Code" "Activation", etc. Nothing. I've been searching Google and support.roku.com for an hour. I don't know what else to do. I have the Roku Expresses and this is the first time I've ever had an issue. 

0 Kudos
vegipson

Re: Still No Activation Email

Jump to solution

Just received my email for my community.roku.com badges. Smh

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express not sending emails out

Jump to solution

This is a gmail problem and not a Roku problem.  There is now a Roku post relating to this issue.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Still No Activation Email

Jump to solution

This appears to be a gmail problem.  There is another post relating to this issue.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku is aware of the problem and working to solve the issue.  There is another post relating to this issue.

0 Kudos