Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osirus
Reel Rookie

You broke my Roku with your last update

I've had my Roku about a year with no problems. Last night it updated then nothing would play. It kept telling me my internet was slow. I check & I have 100mbps. OK. Then I go on PlutoTV and it's showing me the guide for 8:30pm. So I check again for an update and that's when I notice it says Last Update: 7/27 but Last Checked: 5/7/23 8:32pm. So I go to Time and it's set for the correct time. I do a Factory Reset, but now it says it can't reach my email address, even though everything's okay online. Check email, check Spam. Nothing. So please, if you guys have been hacked, just own up to it. And PLEASE don't tell me to unplug it & plug it back in because I've done this several times. What's up Roku? I'm being charged for a streaming channel on the Roku Channel that I can't watch now.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: You broke my Roku with your last update

Have you tried rebooting your router?  That sometimes fixes general connectivity issues.

In the future, I would save a Roku factory reset for a last resort option.  This problem of not getting an email does happen to people now and then.  I believe if you try that several times, Roku will give you the option of using a QR code on your phone.   Another workaround for that is to set up a hotspot on you phone to get the Roku activated, then you can switch back to your regular internet.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
osirus
Reel Rookie

It's not connectivity. I'm getting 100 mbps and other apps work fine. Why can't I just login to my device? I have an account. Why do I need to wait for an email? Every time I enter my email it tells me we can't reach that address, even though I just got your reply at that email address. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @osirus,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your device issues after it was updated. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries, we're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Have you tried to use a different email address just to see if it works? Because one of the reasons why you're receiving an error message of 'can't reach your email address' is that Roku can't access your current email address. 

Let us know if the issue still persists after you've tried a different email address and we'll go from there.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
osirus
Reel Rookie

Why would I use a different email address since my Roku account is under the one I'm trying to log in? Apparently Roku can reach that address because that's where your reply was sent to.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@osirus,

Thanks for your response!

We would recommend trying an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, and then trying again to see if you're still seeing the same issue. As per @Strega2 mentioned above,

If the problem persists, could you please provide us with the device serial number that has an issue? We'd like to take a look.

Keep us posted!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.