Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Major fault for new users: "We cannot seem to reach you by email"

Jump to solution

Hi @oldwhitelodge,

I apologize for your experience here. I can understand how that may be frustrating.

If you see "We can't seem to reach you by Email" when trying to use the activation link, try clicking or tapping "Resend" in the email message you received from Roku and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If you are still having any issues after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ninjaertle
Channel Surfer

Re: “We can’t seem to reach you by email”

Jump to solution

I have clicked that Resend so many times the button should be worn out.  I have also talked  to Roku support and given them the serial number of the device.  Have not heard anything back from them at this point.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for following up, @ninjaertle.
Rest assured that I’ve follow-up to our support team. Keep an eye on your email, a member of our support team will be in contact.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.
Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
oldwhitelodge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

S/N P730Q78222286

0 Kudos
oldwhitelodge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've not solved the issue. However, I am up and running by setting it up in a friend's house with one of his Gmail addresses and his PayPal account (which I can change with the on-screen setup menu). So I have no idea what was going on but at least I'm working with a reduced stress level. No need of any help from Roku now required.

0 Kudos
Chelle14
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this issue... 

Sn: 32w210207bp2180

I have done three factory resets and it didn't work. 

0 Kudos
rth060262
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem where it wont recognize my email. Verified account by logging in. This is frustrating and won't wait much longer before I return my TV for a Samsung. My model is 55R635  Serial 58-55R6MT-OHD1L. I will be checking my inbox 1st thing later this morning!!!

0 Kudos
rth060262
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Serial number on the screen is as follows:

TCL S/N XOO300AX8ARJ
Device ID. S05EY13X8ARJ

ROKU TV. AX113X

I tried different networks, several factory resets (Recovery mode) attempts, Creating a second ROKU account and nothing works. Still comes back “We can’t seem to reach you by email” despite being able to login to both accounts successfully from laptop & mobile device!

Need solution or I have no other option than return and purchase from another manufacturer that does not use ROKU interface!

0 Kudos
rth060262
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Should read "ROKU TV  A113X".

Regarless, the issue needs to be resolved ASAP!

0 Kudos
phuketexpat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i just tried again and was finally able to activate.

To anyone out there still experiencing problems do not go through the troubleshooting list that they are pushing and definitely do not reset. The issue is/was at their end.

Overall I am very disappointed in their level of customer support. It is essentially non existent.

0 Kudos