Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to update software

Jump to solution

@jdvanvalin

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ROwen7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have two Roku Ultras (model 4670X).  One connected via Ethernet and have not had any issues and the other via wireless.  The wireless Roku failed to update SW.  After several unsuccessful attempts to power cycle the router and Roku via wifi, I connected via Ethernet and continue to have the same problem.  I did a factory reset and have confirmed the network connection is active, but am still receiving 003, 004 and 005 errors when it attempts to update SW and I cannot proceed with set up. Do you have any other recommendations? 

Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ROwen7      https://support.roku.com/article/115002796148

Look to see if you see flashing LED lights at the Ethernet port of your Roku. If you don’t see the lights flashing then you have an internal failure with the network card in your Roku 

0 Kudos
ROwen7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Ethernet ports are working correctly.  My concern is an internal HW failure.  Any known fix other than purchasing a new device? 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There is no fix. No repair shop to bring it to. So the ethernet port on your Roku is blinking? Your Roku was released back in 2017 so it is roughly 5 years old. Life expectancy is about 3-5 years. 

Jatin23

Jump to solution

I'm with you. If I can't find help in 10 min I'm returning this stupid thing

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jatin23

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hey Danny.  Having the same issue with my Ultra LT. Clicked on your link above and received the following error message:  "Article not found. Please check the url and try again."

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@DaddyFatty2020 

Thanks for the note.

If you are unable to update the Roku device, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshoot steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Chet33

Jump to solution

I've got several Roku units that work flawlessly on various TVs throughout my home. Setup shows "Excellent" bars for wifi signal but keeps giving me "Error 003" I saw you direct someone to a web page address -- that address sends me a blank page. I've restarted both the router and "Roku Express 4K +" numerous times. How do I get past "Can't update software ....?" 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Chet33,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done. Appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. In this case, I'd recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot then try to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting.

Instructions to manually update your software:

1. Navigate to Settings
  2. Select System
  3. Select System update
  4. Select Check now

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software | Official Roku Support

Let us know how it goes. We're hoping this will work for you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos