Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to different HDMI imput

Sometimes I accidentally switch off my movie and it goes to HDI one or just channel 2. I still have not figured out how to get it back to Roku TV without using my other remote. My Roku remote can take me out but I do not know how to get back in nor how I got out by pressing volume up or down and somehow it changed my setting. Now I have to find my regular TV remote control to set it back to Roku screen.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Scottgem
Reel Rookie

Re: Switch to different HDMI imput

I'm not following the problem here. If I accidently switch from a streaming program I am watching through Roku, then I just press the Home button on the Roku remote. I have to navigate back to the program I was watching where there is a Resume choice to pick up where I left off.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @bradybunch101!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. If you accidentally switch your HDMI input, you must use your TV's remote to return to the HDMI port where your Roku streaming device was plugged in. You can only use your Roku remote if your device was prompted on your TV. Hope this helps!

Let us know if you have further inquiries. We'd be glad to help. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku remotes cannot directly control the TV's input/source control. BUT, the TV itself may do this for you.

If your TV supports CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) over HDMI, turn on this feature in your TV settings if necessary. Unfortunately many TV manufacturers call this feature by their own proprietary names.

Some common ones:
• AOC: E-link
• Hitachi: HDMI-CEC
• LG: SimpLink or SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC)
• Mitsubishi: NetCommand for HDMI, Realink for HDMI
• Panasonic: VIERA Link, HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync
• Onkyo: RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
• Philips: EasyLink
• Pioneer: Kuro Link
• Runco International: RuncoLink
• Samsung: Anynet+
• Sharp: Aquos Link
• Sony: BRAVIA Link, BRAVIA Sync, Control for HDMI
• Toshiba: CE-Link, Regza Link

Some other names shared by multiple manufacturers:
• Fun-Link, INlink, T-Link

On some TV's you may need to have the TV do a scan or search for connected CEC devices.

With CEC enabled on the TV, pressing a button on your Roku remote should switch the TV to the HDMI port to which your Roku is connected without you having to do it via the TV remote. To turn this feature on in your Roku, enable "1-touch play" via Roku menu path "Settings > System > Control other devices".

Note: If other connected devices (game console, cable box, disk player, etc) also have a CEC function, pressing a button on the their remotes may also switch the TV to their TV inputs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

I want to move my Roku streaming stick to another HDMI INPUT (on the same LG tv), to free-up the HDMI ARC port for a new soundbar (that I need to use that port). What do I need to do before/after I switch - and in what “order”. Thank you!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Just unplug it from one input and plug it into the other one.  You can leave everything else as is.  You'll need to use the TV's remote to switch to the new input to use the stick.  You can connect the soundbar anytime after you move the stick to free up the ARC port.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos