Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theman2100
Reel Rookie

Surround Sound - ONN Smart TV

Hey all, 

I have a Smart ONN tv, after pairing the four Roku surround sound speakers, Roku sub and Roku main sound bar... The only sound I'm getting is from the surround sound speakers, the center sound bar does absolutely nothing essentially....

I control my tv with the original Roku ONN remote that came with the tv... Am I supposed to go through the sound bar for everything after I complete the install or should the soundbar, subs and speakers all be outputting audio no matter what submenu I'm in?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Surround Sound - ONN Smart TV

Hi @Theman2100,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your Roku surround sound issues, and we're happy to provide assistance.

You can configure various surround sound settings on your Onn TV using your ONN Roku remote in the S/PDIF and ARC menus using the instructions below.

1. Press Home on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select Audio
  5. Select S/PDIF and ARC, make a selection, and choose "Auto Detect.", This is the default setting that allows your Roku TV to automatically detect the capabilities of your surround sound system over the HDMI connection.

For further information on setting up surround sound with a Roku TV, check out this link: How to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV

Let us know how it goes.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Theman2100
Reel Rookie

Re: Surround Sound - ONN Smart TV

That did not help....

The menu options you gave me are not as you guided. 

I see:

home - > settings - > system - > audio (there is no audio option)

Again.... My sourorund sound speakers work fine, there is no audio coming from the sound bar unless I'm on the soundbar Roku menu.... I'm trying to just use my regular tv Roku menu.... 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.