Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttibbs
Binge Watcher

Re: Stuck on “Let’s Get Started” Screen

Did you try pushing the little reset button on the back of the little black box that goes between the power and the TV? That's what I had to do even though it is not described anywhere that I could see. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Ruthannnj
Reel Rookie

I did unfortunately it didn't work

0 Kudos

The identical problem as stated is also happening to me. I used my camera to examine the remote, and when I click a button, I can see the IR light within the device. Also, I have made sure that the device is easily visible. My Roku Express is brand-new out of the package. Also, I've tried everything to reset it. Any assistance? 3930X model; S00830DED2SS serial number

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ruthannnj @sandradhicks896,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku device that is stuck in the language set up and we would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. @Ruthannnj What Roku model device are you using?
  2. Is there a light showing on your device?
  3. How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables?
  4. have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Andyhunter12
Reel Rookie

You might have to repair the Roku control with the roku. If you have a pairng button on the back of the remote where the batteries are you can press it for 5 seconds after resetting the roku. If its an older remote then reset the roku and press the home and top back arrow for 10 seconds and it should pair. 

0 Kudos
Andyhunter12
Reel Rookie

You probably just need to pair the remote with the roku. You can do that by either using the pair button on the back of the remote or by holding the home and large back arrow on the roku remote. Just do that right after resetting the roku.

0 Kudos
brytttt
Reel Rookie

Hey @RokuKariza-D  I really need help with the control and it’s not working for me because I lost the original control from the Roku tv and I’m using one of the new versions of the Roku tv but it only turns off and on Can you please help me out 

0 Kudos
Andyhunter12
Reel Rookie

Have you tried pairing the remote?

0 Kudos
brytttt
Reel Rookie

@Andyhunter12  my daughter lost the original control but I bought a new one at target and it told me to press the home button and we’ll it work but then after I tried resetting my tv the control stopped working 

0 Kudos
brytttt
Reel Rookie

anything else I can do ??

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.