Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandy10

Re: Stuck on “Let’s Get Started” Screen

Hi having same issues. Roku is on get started I press English language and goes to wireless scan it goes to my network name I put password seams like 100 times says signal strength excellent but still doesn't connect. I have a Roku express device ID S009303DRA6K

SKU# 3930RW

LOT# 2141018154

I was watching a movie earlier then went out. Please help

0 Kudos
Sobig

My Roku tv is stuck on let's get started what should I do

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sobig

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

We recommend removing and reinserting the batteries of the remote then try unplugging your Roku TV for 10-15 minutes and then plugging it back in if this helps resolve or isolate the issue from the Roku device to the Roku remote.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link:  How to set up your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jjr2

For a TCL ROKU TV this worked.

I tried all the power on/off push this 5 times that 1 this 2 that 2 with no luck. The Reset below worked on my TCL ROKU TV

1. hold the reset button on the side with a paperclip or nail tip until it goes blank then shows the pink RECOVERY screen.

2. It connected to the internet with my password and updated but then went back to the language screen.

3. REPAIR the remote.

4. hopefully yours now is reset and works normally as mine did.

0 Kudos
aefriot
Reel Rookie

I picked up a free TCL Roku 55US57 from an online garage sale. We bought a new remote because it did not come with one. I didn't expect one with a free tv. I plugged the tv in and got no further than the "Let's Get Started" language setup. Try as I might from all of the suggestions in the posts. The previous owner must have reset the tv before giving it to me.

What worked for me to get the tv operational was the following. Apparently, our new remote would connect to the tv but I could not control the tv with it.

I plugged an Ethernet cable into the tv in the RJ45 port in the back. Since the tv was never on our network to have our wireless info, I hard wired the connection. I then installed the Roku remote on my smart phone. When the tv reset (button on the back of the tv) and restarted I could find the tv on the Roku Remote app on the phone.

Select the language of your preference and finish the setup. Once the setup was finished, I added my wifi network to the tv and then removed and installed the batteries in the new remote (that was not previously working) , reset the remote and re-paired the remote and all is operational.

0 Kudos
Eva4

How exactly did  you fix the problem ?

0 Kudos
aefriot
Reel Rookie

For our tv, the problem appeared to be that it was stuck trying to connect to a wireless network since the tv was reset and there was no cable or antenna connected to it. Since our remote had never been used on the tv it would not work. It would connect, but would not control it.

Plug a Network cable into the tv and to your switch/router. Install the Roku app from your smartphone's app store. If you don't have a smartphone, borrow one to get this part done. Then reset your tv and go through the set up procedure from the smartphone.

That is how I got mine to work. I will not go through all the details.

0 Kudos
mann99
Reel Rookie

This seems to be a common problem seeing all these posts. Just bought the Roku Express and I tried 2 different hdmi cables, different inputs, rebooted and reset like 10 times and I can’t get the remote to select English as a language. I know the remote is working since I see a flashing purple light every time I press any button the remote.

S/N S008325U0AF4

Is there any hope? Or should I just return this and get an AppleTV? I have zero issues with setting up that device, just tried getting this Roku Express for cost effectiveness, but now wonder if it was worth my time trying to get this to work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mann99

Thanks for the post.

What specific Roku model device are you using? Are you making sure to point the remote directly at the IR receiver on the Roku device?

For more information about Roku troubleshooting, visit our Support page here: Fix your remote

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mann99
Reel Rookie

I spent a couple of hours scouring the troubleshooting articles and nothing worked.  But I did solve my problem by exchanging the lemon for another new unit.  Thanks to Amazon,  that process took a relatively quick 2 days.  If anyone else runs into this issue, don’t bother spending time to debug it, just exchange it.  

0 Kudos