Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djshay12

Screensaver on Roku tcl 4k keeps going to default after I changed it

I changed the Screensaver on my TCL Roku Tv, but the default Screensaver keeps showing up. I changed it to the aquatic saver and it states its the current saver, but the default saver always comes on.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screensaver on Roku tcl 4k keeps going to default after I changed it

@Djshay12-

I have the same thing here, on my Roku devices as well as my Roku TV.  This seems to be controlled by the various channel apps, which, as you may know, are provided by the channel services themselves to run on the Roku platform.  Some channel apps, when going to the screensaver honor your choice of screensaver (mine also it the aquatic fish tank), some just bring up the Roku system default for that Roku, and I've got some that just deliver a black screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim

If you pause a video you'll never see your chosen screensaver.  It will be a blank screen or "Logo rain".

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DBDukes

@Djshay12 

Does this happen when you are not inside an app? That is, on the Roku Home Screen?

Or does this happen only when an app is running when screen saver kicks in?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Sarahrrg

This is the correct answer folks.  Thanks!!

0 Kudos