Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crusher
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku will not send activation link to my email

Jump to solution

Thank you for your quick reply.  Since you have the model number and serial number of my device, can't it be activated directly from ROKU?

0 Kudos
Crusher
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Bigblock Thanks for your advice!  I figured that ROKU was able to internally activate with my model and serial number but must've been wrong.  I get emails from the community and even for updating my password.  The silly thing is, if I login to my account, the activate device link is there and I sure don't know why that system had to be changed.  Anyway, I'll ship it back.  Can you tell me what ROKU device does not require the email activation if I buy an older model?  Again, thank you and have a great week.

0 Kudos
Crusher
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

One more thing - the moderators in the community forum should just be honest and say ROKU won't send emails instead of making a person think it's something they are doing wrong.

0 Kudos
velazjuan
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere does not connect

Jump to solution

I’m trying to login to my Roku account on my tv again and it said it was going to send me an email to activate and never did. I tried retyping in my email and now it’s saying “we can’t seem to reach you by email” I keep trying to resend but it’s saying that over and over again. I change my email, etc, etc, etc, What do I do? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Premiere does not connect

Jump to solution

@velazjuan

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Crusher
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Premiere does not connect

Jump to solution

Danny - with all due respect, what good is the serial number when ROKU won't send the activation email anyway?

0 Kudos
Awoychyshyn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue, thought it was our last device so purchased a new one only to have the same problem. Have read all the trouble shooting, have resent and reentered the emails, and have used 3 separate emails. the first address I did receive two activation emails, went through the paces and the device wouldn’t come up with a code on the screen to link, now I can’t get any emails either. Our original device was working fine, then acted like we were having network issues, did a factory reset then got to the activation and couldn’t get an email to come through. So ordered a brand new one and that will not active. 

0 Kudos
Witness7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

when i had this problem the only email that seems to work with Roku is gmail... if you have a google acct then use the gmail account on roku then it should work.

0 Kudos
MikeJC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've had a Gmail account for years. It's worked all the time I set up a new Roku. But this time around when I reset my Ultra to the factory setting I did not get any email to my Gmail account. Next I tried my Netzero account, still no email. Then I tried my Yahoo account. Then I got the email immediately. But I need it to work on my Gamil account because my Roku sticks are on it and I would like them all linked together to have the same apps. An now my Ultra does not show up on my account here, only the two Sticks that are on Gmail.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

help setting up my roku

0 Kudos