Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmvans
Reel Rookie

Roku ultra stopped working.

Jump to solution

I have a Roku ultra. It is fairly new. Bought in April 2024. I used it last night with no issues and today won’t work. it won’t connect to tv. Tv says no signal. I hadn’t changed any of the connections. White Light on Roku is blinking then stays on then blinks. Randomly. I charged the remote for several hours. No change with Roku.  I held down the reset button on the Roku ultra unit. Tried to  pare the remote again to Roku device.  No change. Remote wouldn’t even turn on tv. I moved the hdmi cord to different port on the tv. No change.  I tried a different hdmi cord. No change.  I tried it on a different television still nothing.  I am at a loss as to what to try next.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku ultra stopped working.

Jump to solution

Hi @Kmvans,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your Roku Ultra and for any inconvenience this may have caused. We also appreciate the steps you took to fix the issue.

We want to look closer to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. For us to help you better, may we ask:

1. How are you powering the device?
  2. Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?
  3. Have you tried factory resetting the device to see if you can get past the bouncing Roku logo screen?
  4. As a last resort, if you are still experiencing an issue, we recommend disconnecting your wireless network and then rebooting your Roku device to see if it is experiencing the same issue. Once the device gets past the bouncing logo screen, try reconnecting your wireless network.

Also, if you have a device connected to one of the HDMI ports, power down, unplug the HDMI cable from the other device, plug it into the Roku, power up, and see what happens.

For more information, visit our Support page on how to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kmvans,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your Roku Ultra and for any inconvenience this may have caused. We also appreciate the steps you took to fix the issue.

We want to look closer to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. For us to help you better, may we ask:

1. How are you powering the device?
  2. Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?
  3. Have you tried factory resetting the device to see if you can get past the bouncing Roku logo screen?
  4. As a last resort, if you are still experiencing an issue, we recommend disconnecting your wireless network and then rebooting your Roku device to see if it is experiencing the same issue. Once the device gets past the bouncing logo screen, try reconnecting your wireless network.

Also, if you have a device connected to one of the HDMI ports, power down, unplug the HDMI cable from the other device, plug it into the Roku, power up, and see what happens.

For more information, visit our Support page on how to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kmvans
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tips however I am still no better than before.  
The answers to your questions. 
2.  It is plugged into a wall outlet. 
3. I did a system reset.  Nothing changed. I don’t even get to the bouncing Roku.  It won’t connect.  My tv says no connection found. Tried multiple different hdmi cords different ports on tv.  I tried it on a different tv. Nothing worked. 
4.  I don’t know how to disconnect the wireless network when I can’t even get it to respond in any way. Besides a blinking white light.  
my last ditch effort was to totally disconnect it from wall outlet and tv for 24hours. 
Tried to reconnect it again. No change. 😩

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.