Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hheffel

Roku iOS app for remote problems with searching I’m Prime

I tried to use the keyboard option in the iOS Roku remote app in the Prime search and it failed.

I have used it successfully in both the YouTube and Netflix apps on my Roku TV.

REPRODUCTION STEPS:

In the Prime app I use the purple navigation buttons to get to the search screen, tap the keyboard icon at the top of the remote app, type in my keyword tap the ‘done’ button. The Prime TV app does not recognize my keyword and forces the use of the on screen keyboard in their TV app.

AMAZON’S REACTION:

A representative I spoke with at Amazon told me this was due to licensing contracts. I believe this is a bug. I hope reporting it is enough to bring it to your developers’ attention.

Aside from this minor annoyance, I enjoy the iOS remote app for Roku. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku iOS app for remote problems with searching I’m Prime

Hi @Hheffel,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention about your experience with the Roku mobile app.

Regarding this, we recommend restarting your Roku device. To do so, navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

If the issue persists, please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.