Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giamemi

Roku express turns my TV on every night

Every morning when I get up, no matter how early I get up, my TV is on. I’ve seen a few people have the same issue, but the supposed fix for this is to make sure you’ve closed your app and stuff before turning your TV off. But this is happening every single day, I don’t use my TV every day. I haven’t opened the Roku app in days. I have some people say they unplugged from the power every night to fix this issue, but is that really the only solution if it’s not the app? Seems like such an inconvenience for a product I bought solely for convenience.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express turns my TV on every night

I would turn off 1-touch play in the Roku (Settings > System > Control other devices CEC > 1-touch play) and/or HDMI-CEC in the TV.

By the way, my parents’ TV started doing that and they don’t own a Roku.  I ended up downloading a firmware update for the TV to fix theirs.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.