Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cewhite
Reel Rookie

Roku Update 13.1.4 Problem

Jump to solution

My Philips 65" TV model 65PUL6553/F7 won't update to the 13.1.4 version.  The last update was 13.0.0 build 24056 version.  Tried to reset the TV but it did not take. Tried to contact both Philips and Roku support and still no answers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Update 13.1.4 Problem

Jump to solution

@cewhite 

A Roku device or RokuTV will not just update to the latest OS build because it is merely available.

Roku will update the device automatically on its own schedule.

Quite ordinary for users with multiple Roku devices to see all different builds and OS on their devices (even similar devices on the same account).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cewhite 

A Roku device or RokuTV will not just update to the latest OS build because it is merely available.

Roku will update the device automatically on its own schedule.

Quite ordinary for users with multiple Roku devices to see all different builds and OS on their devices (even similar devices on the same account).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

cewhite
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All my other devices (to include 2 other Philips TVs and to 2020/21 Roku Express SEs) have updated.  My 65" is the newest devise I own. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

When it comes to a 3rd party device, like your Phillips TV, it has to go through extra hoops as they also have to add in libraries from Phillips to control the hardware, and hopefully test that it still works properly, before rolling it out to users.

For Roku's own devices, they control the hardware, so can roll out updates sooner.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.