Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
troybaron
Reel Rookie

55 in pro powering up to solid screen

Hello, all of a sudden my new 55-in Roku pro TV is powering up to a solid colored screen. First time it was a green screen. Second time it was a white screen. Had to leave source back to home and then back to source to display picture. Anyone else having this issue? It's been fine for a month since I've had it. Wondering if an update did something. Please advise. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 55 in pro powering up to solid screen

Hi @troybaron,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thank you for reporting the issue with your 55" Roku Pro Series 4K TV displaying a solid color. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, but no worries, we are more than happy to help you fix the issue.

To better assist you with this concern, would you be so kind to share a photo of the TV screen? Also, if you can still use your Roku remote to navigate the screen, kindly check the latest software version of your 55" Roku Pro Series 4K TV by following this step process: 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to update the software on your Roku streaming device

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
troybaron
Reel Rookie

Hello:

Thank you for responding.

The issue has not reoccurred since initial power up this morning. I tried to duplicate several times but to no avail.. The Unit was switched off (fast startup is not enabled at this time) all day until we returned this evening. The problem still has not reoccurred. 

The remote is operating properly. Software is up to date. 

The primary source (HDMI 1) is a Motorola DVR DCX 3501 series. (Spectrum) 

TV is set to optical out to my theater amp. 

When these occurrences happened I could still hear the audio through my amp, but the screen was a solid color. First green then white. I touched the home button on the remote which responded to the home screen and then  switched back to cable box source, and The solid colored screens were gone and the  video returned to normal. 

No idea what it could have been. I just thought I'd give you guys a heads up just in case somebody else had the same issue. 

If the screen occurs again, I will send the photo. Thanks again for your fast response.

1000003395.jpg

1000003397.jpg

0 Kudos
troybaron
Reel Rookie

Just to be clear:

I have not ruled out  the set-top- box or the HDMI cable between of equipment. I've been in a technical field environment most of my life and  take troubleshooting very seriously. Just an FYI.

Thanks again! cheers! 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated, @troybaron.

We'll make sure to keep an eye on your post if the issue re-occur. 

In the meantime, we appreciate your continuous patience and coordination as we work on this. 

We hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.