Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbarone39
Reel Rookie

Roku Live TV is fine but it seems to be blocking my antenna from getting local channels

I got rid of cable and am only have streaming now! But I'm still in the learning process as to hook everything up. Roku Live TV works fine. I would like to get the local DC networks vs a Chicago station. I get the Fox station but not the other big networks. I tried setting up an antenna and presuming I hooked it up correctly (and I'm not too far away from DC), I still only got Fox TV. Is Roku TV blocking out the antenna? I like watching ABC national news at night. I may need to break down and get geek squad but my cable bill is half now so hooray! Philo has all the channels I like and then some. Just a couple more steps and I'll be good to go.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Live TV is fine but it seems to be blocking my antenna from getting local channels

Do you mean blocking as in RFI?  If so, certainly possible.  The fix for that would be a well-shielded antenna cable leading to an antenna far from RFI – such as high up and outdoors.

Do you have a Roku player, or a Roku TV?  With a Roku player, your TV should be capable of doing everything it did before adding the Roku device.  If you have a Roku TV, well, I don’t have one of those, but based on what I’ve read, I wouldn’t recommend one to someone who wanted to watch significant OTA TV.  The OTA stuff just isn’t part of Roku’s business model and sounds kind of half-baked (but again only based on reading comments about it.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
gtb1

Re: Roku Live TV is fine but it seems to be blocking my antenna from getting local channels

I cant hook my antenna up at all for local channels, did Roku do something to block antenna use

0 Kudos
sbarone39
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I wrote a long comment but Roku (?) timed me out and erased.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

@sbarone39  I would suggest typing long responses into a local app (text editor etc.) and then copying and pasting to a web forum.  That way if something goes wrong, you still have the original.

@gtb1  Can you describe “can’t hook” in more detail. A roku player has no antenna features (so “can’t hook” would be true here - but that's OK - you just use the TV for those).  A roku TV does (so an antenna should be “hookable”.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.